Saturday, March 19, 2011

Mini Math Work Stations

I have been creating mini math (and some reading) work stations since the beginning of March. The kids love them!! So far I have 15. (Then I ran out of clear shoe boxes.) I plan on making 15 more. They are housed in cubbies that I got from a clothing store that went out of business. The plastic shoe boxes fit perfectly in the cubbies. Besides the 15 mini work stations, I have larger work stations placed around the room.  I got my inspiration from Debbie Diller's books. I had her literacy work station book and just purchased her coordinating math work station book this month. I love her ideas!

Here is a picture of the cubbies with the 15 mini work stations.


And a close-up picture.


7 comments:

  1. Would you share what your centers are? I am new to first grade and would like to know what you put in the boxes! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would be glad to share my mini stations and their contents.
    ~Erin~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to know what you have in your mini stations. I am a new teacher and I am fishing for ideas to motivate and stimulate my students. Thanks
      Julie

      Delete
  3. Mrs. Kamerer,
    Would you share what contents are in each container? I am interested in having something like this for my ELL learners.Thanks a million

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for sharing!!
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are welcome. I have more to share. As I have time, I will add more mini stations.

    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mrs. Kramerer,
    Would you share some examples of the topics you cover in your mini-math work stations. It sounds like something my first graders would enjoy.
    Thank you very much!

    ReplyDelete